The New Republic Online is looking for college students and recent graduates for its fall 2011 Web internship program. Internships are unpaid but offer substantial experience in the production of a daily online publication. Interns must be able to work in our Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities include:
- Preparing and updating TNR's homepage
- Helping to maintain TNR's blogs and other aspects of the site
- Research projects
- Writing articles and blog posts, and helping to create multimedia content
- Participating in TNR staff meetings
- Helping update and maintain TNR's online archives
Political journalism experience is preferred, but not imperative; some familiarity with HTML is helpful, but not crucial; and fluency in search techniques like LexisNexis is mandatory. A full-time commitment is preferred.
Applications for our fall internship (August/September through December/January) will be accepted until Friday, August 5. To apply for the Web internship program, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to Seyward Darby and Jesse Zwick.