Send Mail to:1 Union Square West6th FloorNew York, NY 10003(646) 779-8000
Media InquiriesHigh10Medianewrepublic@high10media.com(212) 918-2046
Customer ServiceTo manage your subscription, please visit tnr.com/customer-service. If you have any problems accessing your account, you can email support or call (800) 827-1289 (between the hours of 8 a.m. and 11 p.m. ET Monday through Friday and between 9:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. ET on Saturdays.)
AdvertisingSales DirectorTony Bolinksytbolinsky@tnr.com
PermissionsFor reprints & licensing visit tnrreprints.com
CorrectionsIf you would like to report a factual error in the print magazine or on the website, please email correction [at] tnr [dot] com with the title of the story, the URL (if applicable), a quote of the passage in question, and evidence supporting the need for a correction.
Write For Us
The New Republic welcomes freelance pitches and unsolicited submissions via email. If you are pitching an idea for an essay, reportage, or other nonfiction, briefly explain your angle, why it’s timely, and why you’re equipped to write it; generously hyperlink any references and citations in your pitch, so the editor can easily vet it. If you are sending a completed submission, briefly summarize it in your email and either embed or attach your full article. In all cases, include a brief biography and links to examples of your work.
We will not respond to a pitch that is sent to multiple editors, so we encourage you to determine where your piece best fits—within our online verticals or within the pages of our magazine—and limit your email to one editor.
If you are pitching an idea for a photo essay, please attach a sample of medium-resolution images, with captions, in jpg or pdf form. Explain why your angle is timely and relevant for The New Republic, and include a link to your website. We require English-language media exclusivity for photo essay pitches.
- Jason Linkins edits The Soapbox, our politics vertical.
- Heather Souvaine Horn edits Apocalypse Soon, our vertical dedicated to climate change, science, and the environment.
- Patrick Caldwell edits Sold Short, our vertical on identity and inequality. (Patrick’s guide to pitching the vertical.)
- Emily Cooke edits Critical Mass, our arts and culture vertical.
- Stephanie Heimann edits photos for the website and magazine.
- Emily Cooke edits feature stories.
- Laura Marsh edits Books & the Arts.
- Patrick Caldwell edits State of the Nation.
- For poetry submissions, email email@example.com. Poems should not exceed the length of a page, and the entire submission should not exceed five pages.
The New Republic does not publish fiction.