The New Republic Online is looking for college students and recent graduates for its Fall 2009 web internship program. Internships are unpaid but offer substantial experience in the production of a daily online publication. Interns must be able to work in our Washington DC office. Responsibilities include:
- Research projects and assisting TNR's senior writers
- Writing articles and blog posts, and helping to create multimedia content
- Participating in TNR staff meetings
- Preparing and updating TNR's homepage
- Helping to maintain TNR's blogs and other aspects of the site
Political journalism experience is
preferred, but not imperative; some familiarity with HTML is helpful, but not
crucial; and fluency in search techniques like LexisNexis is mandatory. A
full-time commitment is preferred.
The New Republic is also looking for literary interns to help with books and arts content.
Applications for our fall internship (September through December) are currently being accepted on a rolling basis. For the web internship program, please e-mail a cover letter and r