The magazine is currently looking for two college students or recent graduates who are web savvy and interested in helping TNR increase its reach on the web. Internships are unpaid but offer substantial experience in both the production and marketing of a daily online publication. Interns must be able to work in our Washington DC office, and a full-time commitment is preferred. Responsibilities include:
- Creating and/or maintaining our presence on various social media platforms.
- Reaching out to authors and businesspeople at sites in our broad interest area.
- Participating in TNR staff meetings.
- Researching traffic statistics and staying on top of the latest trends in new media.
- Developing new ideas for us to connect better with our audience.
Candidates should have a Facebook page. And a Twitter account. And should generally take great interest in the question of how to keep pace in our rapidly changing media environment. If you’re interested, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to Rebecca Grossman-Cohen and Greg Veis.