- Meet Ron Bloom, the Schlub Who Might Just Save American Industry, by Noam Scheiber
- Democrats Shouldn't Compromise on the Public Option, by Jacob Hacker
- The George W. Bush Presidential Library Is So … Conservative, by James Gardner
- Should We Be Cowed by the Idea of a Kinder, Gentler Trotsky? by Adam Kirsch
- Why Health Reform Must Pass by Christmas, by E.J. Dionne Jr.
- What’s the Most Depressing Day of the Week? by Zubin Jelveh
- Did Missiles Win the Cold War? A Soulless New Book Gets the History Wrong. by Peter Scoblic
- Why is Bernanke Pandering to Republicans? by John B. Judis
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.