- The Great Animator: Charles Dickens's Obsession With Ghosts, Bottled Fetuses, and Other Dead Things, by Adam Thirwell
- Cohn vs. Kos on Whether to Blow up the Health Care Bill, by John Cohn
- Woody Harrelson Performs a Service for America’s War Dead. PLUS: How an Eskimo Boy Becomes a Man. by Stanley Kauffmann
- Did Obama ‘Dither’ on Afghanistan? Troops in Kandahar Aren’t Complaining. by Michael Crowley
- Washington Diarist: Ahmadinejad’s Giggle and Obama’s Cool, by Leon Wieseltier
- Will Obama’s Deal With Big Pharma Survive? by Suzy Khimm
- Why Do German and Japanese Manufacturers Innovate More Than We Do? by Noam Scheiber
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.