- The Battle of Tora Bora: The Definitive Account of How Osama Bin Laden Slipped From Our Grasp by Peter Bergen
- What the Senate Bill Actually Accomplishes by Jonathan Cohn
- The Best Books of the Year (That You Can’t Read on Your Kindle) by Jed Perl
- Do Populist Progressives Really Think They Can Make Common Cause With Conservatives? by Ed Kilgore
- Reporting From Islamabad: The Dangerous Rise of Anti-Americanism in Pakistan by Michael Crowley
- Just How Bad Is America’s Manufacturing Problem? by Noam Scheiber
- Did Obama Really Sidestep the UN at Copenhagen? by Bradford Plumer
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.