- Barack Obama Has an Idiotic Obsession, and It Is Golf by Michelle Cottle
- The Amazing Story of How Esperanto Came to Be by Esther Schor
- Hey, the U.S. and Europe Aren’t So Different After All! by Peter Baldwin
- How Much Medical Treatment Can Families Actually Afford With the New Bill? by Jonathan Cohn
- TNR's Best of 2009: Richard Posner on How He Became a Keynesian by Richard Posner
- Why Boise--Boise!--Is in Such Disastrous Shape by Mark Muro
- The Year in Foreign Policy: Obama’s Biggest Blunders, Successes, and Strokes of Luck by Michael Crowley
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, metro policy debate on The Avenue, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.