The New Republic Online is looking for college students and recent graduates for its winter 2010 Web internship program. Internships are unpaid but offer substantial experience in the production of a daily online publication. Interns must be able to work in our Washington, D.C. office. Responsibilities include:
- Research projects and assisting TNR's senior writers
- Writing articles and blog posts, and helping to create multimedia content
- Participating in TNR staff meetings
- Preparing and updating TNR's homepage
- Helping to maintain TNR's blogs and other aspects of the site
Political journalism experience is preferred, but not imperative; some familiarity with HTML is helpful, but not crucial; and fluency in search techniques like LexisNexis is mandatory. A full-time commitment is preferred.
Applications for our winter internship (December/January through May/June) are currently being accepted on a rolling basis, though we'd prefer applications by December 10. For the Web internship program, please e-mail a cover letter and résumé to Seyward Darby and Barron YoungSmith.