Carson has not spoken much during tonight’s debate, sequestered as he is at the end of the stage. But he’s made the most of what little time he’s had.
- On the direction of the country: “Americans know that our nation is heading off the abyss of destruction, secondary to divisiveness, fiscal irresponsibility, and failure to lead.”
- On the record of Supreme Court nominees: “As president I would go through and I would look at what a person’s life has been ... the fruit salad of their life.”
- On shared health savings plans for families: “If Uncle Joe is smoking like a chimney, everyone’s going to hide his cigarettes.”
- On not receiving enough speaking time: “Can somebody attack me please?”
- His closing statement: “Several years ago a movie was made about these hands. These hands by the grace of God have saved many lives and healed many families. And I’m asking you tonight, America, to join hands with me to heal, inspire, and revive America. If not us, who? And if not now, when?”