- Quentin’s Back, Baby: Fifteen Long Years After ‘Pulp Fiction,’ Tarantino Rediscovers His Ambition In An Exhilarating And Only Occasionally Exasperating WWII Flick, by Christopher Orr
- The Man In The Middle: Why Can’t Our Ambassador To Afghanistan Get Any Respect? by Roland Flamini
- Leonard Bernstein, Liberal Activism, And The Corroding Influence Of Politics On Music, by Adam Kirsch
- Is Renewable Energy Good For Workplace Safety? by Bradford Plumer
- Obama Sure Looks To Be In Trouble, But We’ve Seen This Summertime Hysteria Before, by Ed Kilgore
- Why Are The Heirs Of Ayatollah Khomeini Supporting Iran's Opposition? by Ali Reza Eshraghi
As always, be sure to check out economic news on The Stash, environment and energy coverage on The Vine, the latest on health care at The Treatment, and Marty Peretz's The Spine. Also be sure to take a look at TNR's new blogs by William Galston, Simon Johnson, Ed Kilgore, Damon Linker, and John McWhorter.